"Many years later, as he faced the firing squad..."

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

When I was young I used to read more than now, I remember that I asked my parents to buy me a collection of books made for kids (with drawings and all) that were published with "La Tercera", it was a collection of classics of the universal literature like Moby Dick, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea, Journey to the Center of the Earth or Robinson Crusoe, I enjoyed the full collection that had like 30 books. Now I read books from time to time, generally when I'm on vacations, when there's a lot of time to read.

I often enjoy reading books that have something that you can't find in the real world or in the day to day, like strange creatures or space travels for example, so my favourite genres are Realismo Magico, Science Fiction and Horror. That being said my favourite writers are Gabriel García Marquez, H.P. Lovecraft and Ray Bradbury, I would add Juan Rulfo, but I haven't read many books from him, in fact, I've only read one: Pedro Páramo, but it's one of my favourite books ever, along with one of each author that I've mentioned: 100 Años de Soledad from Marquez, The Call of Cthulhu from Lovecraft and The Martian Chronicles from Bradbury. My favourite character from literature is José Arcadio Buendía, the patriarch of the Buendía family and founder of Macondo from 100 Años de Soledad.

The last "book" that I've read isn't exactly a book, but a comic book called "zombies en la moneda", it's a book with many little stories from various authors involving a zombie outbreak in Santiago, the stories are varied, since some are pretty funny and mock chilean characters and people from the t.v. and politicians, and some are mysterious and serious. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to read a light book.

3 comments:

Bàrbara said...

The Realismo Magico isn't my favorite kind of books but " Cien años de Soledad" is a great book. !

Ade said...

I have a couple books from the collection that you named! I think I have Heidi and the three Musketeers ;)

Unknown said...

Your idea about dreams are great :)

Post a Comment